Dictation machines for layers
We all know that analogue cassette tapes are going away this year. How does a lawyer choose the right digital dictation recorder. We are going to touch on this subject for the next couple minutes.
There are a lot of digital recorders on the market today but only a few suits the law office environment. The most important thing that a lawyer or law office does is create documents. These digital dictation documents in return account for the billing of the law office. The faster the digital dictation is returned to the document form, the faster the law office gets paid.
The 9 Reasons your Dictation Recorder is smarter than your iPhone!
So the question on your lawyers mind is why don't I just use my iPhone or Android for dictation? That is a really great question, and I am going to use my expertise from the past 20 years to give you the best answer possible. I am going to for time purpose just tell you the advantages of the dictation recorder over the smartphones. Let's compare the iPhone to the Professional dictation recorder below:
1. Battery life most dictation recorders can record for over 49 hours on one charge (a months worth of dictation files)
2. A slide switch with allows you to rewind by a counter for precise corrections or insertions in to the audio file.
3. A built in microphone that is made for voice
4. Automation of file delivery to a secretary.
6. Dragon approved 6 star ratings for accuracy that can't be achieved with a smartphone.
7. Dedicated device (means it does only one thing dictate, apps take time to open then you have to click to get to the right screen also on smart phones there are usually limits to a recording size)
8. Most of all Security the device is not connected to a phone which means its secure. (Phone hacking and lost of important documents are issue in 2014-2015)
9. Super important is the 128 MP3 high quality dictation file you are creating on a dictation recorder. It makes transcribing or listening to the file much easier. (iPhone recordings are highly compressed)
Okay, so how do we get the dictation from the lawyer to the secretary. The high-end digital dictation devices such as the Lawyers Dictation Recorder, Lawyer Dictation Recorder + Secretary Transcriber and the Lawyers digital dictation recorder have a docking station which allows instant file transfer to the secretary's desk. The lawyer doesn't have to do anything just dock recorder and the file moves instantly. The audio file in return is put on the secretary's desk in a list, which she can quickly move back-and-forth through the dictation. The last part of this is the secretary's transcription software, and her foot pedal the connects to their computer. The digital dictation audio file is opened in the transcription software she is able to control it with the foot pedal. Therefore, creating the document quickly and concisely. Next the file is sent back to the lawyer to review, and make sure it's edited correctly. That completes the billing cycle, now you can bill the hours that he's worked for.
These two professional dictation recorders mentioned above, allow this billing streamlining and are part of the professional line dictation recorders offered by Martel. Martel offers support, installation, and a 30 day money-back return on all our digital dictation equipment. The slide control on the side of the dictation recorder allows the lawyer to rewind and edit his dictation just like a tape recorder. The lawyer can even put in his name into the digital recorder and it will accompany the file to the secretary, so if she's transcribing multiple lawyers, each one will have his own filenames associated with that particular lawyer. One of a kind dictation recorder equipment include a unit that is a digital dictation recorder and a stand alone digital transcriber with foot pedal. This set is for law offices or Grand juries who can't have any dictation files put on a PC.
This article contains critical information for lawyers and but also applies extremely well for doctors too. The two digital lawyers legal dictation recorders I mentioned, the Olympus DS7000 and the Philips DPM8000 both are HIPAA compliant recorders, ensuring privacy during the file movement. Both of these recorders can have pin numbers put into them so no one can access the recordings except the authorized dictator. If you like this specialized information about digital dictation recorders, feel free to link to this website.