Vidshield Body Worn Police Camera
The Vid-Shield Police body video camera not only records in High Definition but it also shoots 12 mega pixel still images, equivalent to the best digital cameras in the world.
Now there has often been a large downside for the police departments wearing the video cameras. This will be the most fair interpretation you will find on the web.
Here are the pros and cons for police body cameras:
- The police body camera, is activated by the officer and it is up to them to choose when to hit record.
- The camera body has only the ability to see what the officers are looking directly at when it is in the record mode.
- Most cameras have a very limited battery life and can not record more than 8 hours.
- The field of view is often limited to 90 degrees or at most 130 degrees, so clipping off the edges of the video might have missed the evidence everybody needed to see.
- Recharging the cameras take 4-6 hours before it can record a full shift.
- The best police body cameras record in high definition or HD 1080P. This gives you a larger field of view.
- The intelligent body cameras can shoot still images as well as videos and can do both at the same time.
- Evidence gathered on these cameras often reflect the entire situation and can give both sides of the argument without a lawyer's intervention.
- The video protects both the citizen and the police agency.
- If the police department has a body worn written policy, it goes a long way in setting the code of ethics for the law enforcement agency.
- The body worn cameras can be deployed into houses and bars were in the past, no video could travel. This is the one advantage that personal body cameras have over police in-car cameras.
Now you can wear your Body Video Cameras (POV) and document what is going on from your departments prospective. Don't allow citizens to use the cameras in their phones to give a false perspective of an arrest.
The Vid-Shield is water resistant and withstand rain and humidity. All the buttons on the body worn camera are rubber and weathered. Police Camera High Resolution Video Quality 1080P Full HD Color Video Recording up to 60 FPS1080P Full HD Color Video Recording Megapixel Camera Photograph Evidence.
The Police Body Worn Camera features:
- Night Vision
- 12 Megapixel Photos
- 4 Times Digital Photo Zoom
- Records video in H.264, Mpeg4
- Fast Review & Night vision
- LCD screen to watch and listen to your recorded videos without a PC or phone
- Screen Shot, Capture during Video Playback
- One Touch Recording Function
- Unique Officer ID Number per unit
- Ergonomic design
- Large weathered, Rubber buttons
- Display: 2.0" TFT LCD Screen with Speaker
- Size W 2.0 x H3.8 x .9 inches (52mm x 97mm x 24mm)
- Weight 2 Ounces
Our department has 6 Martel police body cameras. The new high speed docking station and built in laser has been a huge upgrade. Also we like the ability to shot high resolution still images with GPS coordinates. It is like have a CSi crime team on every officer.
I usually have at least two police cameras on me at the same time. One for day time and one for the night. Martel police body camera has night vision so I really do not need the other camera anymore. I have saved my city allot of money in complaints with the Vid Shield. I would recommend it to other police agencies.
We very much like the vid shield police body camera. The night vision is a must have for at night recording. The video is HD and it also takes still images. I must stress how simple it is to use this body worn recorder. We didn't even have to read the manual to start using it.
We were looking for a police body camera policy before we saw the Vid Shield. All the other police video cameras had too many features for our department. The simplicity of this police body worn camera made it a easy choice for our agency. So my reviews are 2 thumbs up.
I have done my research concerning police cameras that are worn on the uniform. Most the cameras I have seen have some type of drawback. The 3 things you should be looking for are the following.
1. Does the police body camera record in 1080P a must.
2. Does the body worn camera have night vision to see incidents in the dark.
3. The last and final thing to look for is that the camera have a changeable battery pack. Ok what does this mean. So a year or two down the line can you get a new rechargeable battery for you police cam or do you have to buy a brand new camera again.
The Vid Shield Body Worn Video Camera For Police is tough enough for the job. The Highest police video resolution possible 1920 by 1080 see evidence everywhere around me. Also known as cop camera, body worn law enforcement video cameras are the next best thing to being there. The worlds only Mil810G Police body camera and the police community should all know about Martels body worn police camera. The Bodyworn police video camera, aka Police Body Camera Technology has made huge news lately. The information on this page can help every police department in the nation. Also the digital video management software for police body camera that we got made it a easy decision to chose Martel. The rugged clip on the back allows for 360 degrees of rotation and it also has police voice recording so when you need covert voice recording without video you have that option. So if you are ready to buy a police body camera you have to get the Vid Shield. The news and informational specifications for the police body worn camera on this page is a must read for every law enforcement agency.
The difference between the police body cameras, features and resolution can be allot to take in. Fortunately we test drive the vid shield. The news informational chart about video resolutions, and very latest technology regarding still photos made all the difference when trying to compare the models of police body cameras. This should help any police agency trying to figure out which body worn video camera solution they should buy. They should study the features list on this page and website before buying a expensive unit with expensive software.
We tested and evaluated every police body worn camera system on the market. Only the Martel Vid Shield body worn camera gave us the night vision we need to bust the bad guys at night when they are active. The video is HIGH QUALITY and to be able to snap photos at the same price well its priceless. All we do is click the top large button which I can do even with gloves on and the unit comes from the off position right into record, so simple. The view on the lcd is perfect also. Police Body Cameras have been a huge advantage for us. We will always buy Martel video cameras in the future.
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
Martel Frontline Body Camera Field Operation Guide MartelDigital.com HD
Martel Electronics Frontline Body camera for police. In this v...
Martel Frontline Body Camera Field Operation Guide - wildrose911.com
This video goes over how you use the Frontline in day to day o...
Martel Electronics Vid-Shield INFRARED car search by Wild Rose Motors